When my friend, Karen, turned 21, her mother gave her a different sort of gift. It was a box full of letters that she had written to Karen many years before. For the first several years of Karen’s life, her mother wrote her a letter once every month or two. The letters marked time and described how Karen was growing, what the family was doing, and current joys and challenges.
Time goes by quickly. As your due date approaches, consider jotting down some notes in the form of letters to your baby, a personal journal or even a personal notebook. These are special times and it will be fun to reflect back several years from now.
- Make things colorful and include some pictures.
- Jot down what you are feeling.
- What excites you most about your baby-to-be?
- What makes you most nervous?
- How are you spending your days?
- Are you wrapped up in preparations, or is everything ready for the new baby?
- What do friends and family think?
- Do you know if it’s a boy or girl yet?
- What names are you considering?
Enjoy writing your letters and notes to this little person that you have yet to meet – face-to-face!