With a new baby on the way and a changing body you might be trading comfort for fashion for the first time. Keep these fashion tips in mind when shopping:
- Your shoe size might be increasing so don’t spend too much on shoes, but find at least one comfortable, supportive walking shoe. Walking is great exercise. Relax in the evening and ask your partner to give you a foot massage. Keep Mother’s Special Blend handy for this necessary treat.
- Look in your wardrobe for items that can be expanded with a little ingenuity. Think hair tie looped through your button hole onto your button to increase your waistband. Or a shoelace threaded through your jeans. A long cami for support and comfort, covered with a loose top or a short robe for a jacket.
- Borrow clothes from a friend that wears a larger size. Check out a charity shop for classy bargains. Treat yourself to a special maternity outfit that you will wear for special occasions, one that you can wear for more than one pregnancy or for a special keepsake.
- Fashion for the new mom from head to toe starts with a supportive bra. This is the time to ask for help from a foundation expert. Many department stores offer fittings as a free service. Some bras are good expanding all the way through nursing.
- Next is your expanding belly and a comfortable fit. We recommend two items to build your wardrobe on. First is a pair of pregnancy jeans, the other a black skirt with an elastic waistband that you can dress up or down with a top and scarf or two. This is the time to pamper yourself and help prevent stretch marks with Mother’s Special Blend skin toning oil. Apply after a bath or shower on tummy thighs, legs, buttocks, and breasts. Keeping your skin moisturized and soft is key to preventing stretch marks.