We’re now officially past winter solstice, and days are getting longer! Days are of course still shorter. During these winter months, have you considered giving yoga a try? Prenatal yoga certainly provides many benefits.
- Yoga classes are a nice social activity. Classes themselves are often quiet, but before or after class is a nice opportunity to meet some new people. If you become a regular at a certain class, you may notice that you become reluctant to miss a class since you’ll be looking forward to seeing these new friends.
- Yoga exercises gently tone and condition to give you more strength and flexibility in preparation for the birth of your baby.
- Yoga breathing helps give you and baby a good supply of oxygen. Breathing exercises can have the effect of refreshing the body and increasing your energy level.
- Yoga meditation can serve as a centering exercise. You will learn to better handle stress and release any unwanted bad feelings. Focusing on the positive can increase both productivity and overall happiness throughout a day and may increase sense of self awareness.
- Yoga relaxation can serve to prepare you mentally and physically for birth.
Check out classes in your neighborhood. Many yoga studios offer free trials or packaged bundles for classes. Or, find a class online to learn a little more. Here is the Mamaste Yoga – Prenatal Yoga Podcast