Besides your growing baby-belly, your feet may also be getting larger. That is because the pregnancy hormone that loosens the ligaments and joints in your pelvis also loosens the ligaments in your feet, causing your bones to spread. It’s nice to know it’s the hormones and not the extra pounds of baby weight, right?
Here are some supportive ideas to help you as you change:
- Purchase a comfortable walking shoe. It may be a half size or even a whole size larger than you’ve been wearing.
- Slow down, walk more carefully, and avoid pushing yourself to exhaustion.
- Pamper yourself with a pedicure and play with a crazy color of polish. (Look for a non-toxic one )
- Raise your feet above your head for 15 minutes a day.
- This is a time to ask for mommy time from your partner. Ask for a foot massage using Mother’s Special Blend as a massage Oil for those feet, and totally relax.
As your breasts get larger you will need some extra support. You may even grow out of the bra that you bought just last week. That bra will come in handy and will fit again in the future. You will come down in size after breast-feeding and need to be fitted again. This is a good time to find help in proper fitting. Many department and specialty stores have trained staff that can help you as you go up and down in size. Don’t buy a lot of bras in any one size, but arrange them in your drawer by sizes so you can find the one that fits today.